Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have drainage in my ears constantly and they itch like…

I have drainage in...

I have drainage in my ears constantly and they itch like heck. Also, my eyes are watering all day long. Been told my tear ducts are to small. My ears and eyes are driving me crazy.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I have had my eyes checked just about three weeks ago, he only said the my tear ducts are kind of blocked. But, my ears are driving me nuts. They itch so bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the nite. I do have allergies but nothing works. Allegra, nose sprays nothing.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm quite normal. The eye specialist stated that my eyes are fine. And, that I definetely have allergies, you can see it in my under dyes, because they are puffy.

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/14/2018
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Which nasal sprays and allergy medicine you have used so car and for how long? Regards

Have you had your ears examined ?

I hv had my ears ckd. They are always inflamed. I've tried flonase. I hv also had steroids for my eyes and antibiotics which neither worked. The eye
Eye doctor was talking about stents is that what u call it to open my year ducts. I'm a little reluctant to do that.
Well I guess that's it then. I didn't get any information actually other than what I already know. Which is no one has come to any kind of solution.

Thanks a lot for your input. Well first of all I would like to apologise that I was unable to answer in time because of being busy in my clinic. I am a practicing ent and allergy specialist. Yes I understand your problem. As far as the eye problem is concerned I strongly suggest you to go for it as this a safe and very effective surgery. It will surely help you and there is no shortcut to that. Your ear itching is not going to get well with just spray. You should start over the counter available tablet benadryl twice daily for 1 month and put white vinegar, 3 drops thrice daily for one month. I am quite confident that these measures will help you. Lastly for allergies I would like to share a home remedy with you. Mix 250 ml honey with one table spoon of ginger powder and black pepper each and take this solution one spoon two times a day for few months. In your case we have to think out of the box and in my opinion my suggestions will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that you get well soon. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Please remember to rate my answer because this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. Regards

Thank you. I will try these suggestions.

You are most welcome. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Regards

Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor