Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have prostate and was treated with Lupron injection and…

I have prostate and...

I have prostate and was treated with Lupron injection and Casadex . I . had no problems. Then I started xtandi for 3 months and then nausea started after I stop xtandi because it did not work. I have been dealing with this nausea for 2 months. What can I do to help control this nause

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, I have tried Mylanta, tums ,and Pepcid Complete. The doctor said tried Zofran and this did not help. Everything I read about my problem , other cancer men said it would go away in 1 to 2 months, but I have not been that lucky. Iam taking casadex at 150 mg per day at this time.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes, I have

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Before I started Casadex back I was off Xtandi for 1 month but the nausea did not go away. Therefore, I feel the nausea was from the xtandi not the casadex.

2/13/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having bad nausea after you started xtandi.

you may need stomach acid reducing medications in your stomach like protonix and nexium to decrease stomach acid which can help

in rare cases, prostate cancer can spread to the brain and cause nausea. you may benefit from a brain MRI scan.

medical marijuana indica strains are very good at decreasing nausea and helping to improve your appetite. what state do you live in? do they have medical marijuana you can use?

Iam getting medical marijuana. All my scan have been normal. I live in fla. Feb. 28th I am having a colonoscopy and the dr. will also scope my stomach. Today I took 1 meclizine 25 mg tablet Maybe this will help. I have taken Famotidine 25mg a few times I am not sure if it work or not. Are there any natural treatments you can think of.
the meclizine has not help

that is fine you are getting a scope. this can see if you have excessive stomach acid damage to your stomach. you should talk to your doctor about stomach acid reducing medications like nexium or protonix which can help stomach acid.

meclizine is for motion sickness.

natural baking soda 1tsp in 1/4 of warm water is often used to help decrease stomach acid as well.

hopefully the medical marijuana can help as well the nausea.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

excellent

thanks for that. do you see the ratings area?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician