Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having pain in my right breast that is going to my

I am having pain...

I am having pain in my right breast that is going to my right side of my back and my doctor said nothing is wrong. this pain really hurts an I don't know where else to go. I first thought it was my back now I think differently. I take aleve first thing every morning and it helps some but always comes back. Sowhere do I go from here?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injuries and the only thing that helps is aleve

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have told them every thing I am aware of. Maybe a mammagram??

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Do you have tenderness in breast?

Does this pain increases on bending or moving the back?

I will be 75 this year and would like to see 76 and my dr. is not helping this pain really hurts and I need help even tho they say nothing is wrong. this pain is not in my head it is in my breast and back

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

I am sorry for your significant pain and your doctor should address it immediately.

Your pain may be due to;

1) Pinched nerves in spine which also causes back pain and breast pain.

2) Mastalgia; which is a breast tissue inflammation.

3) Both of above.

You need following investigations for the evaluation and confirmation of the diagnosis:

a) MRI of neck and mid back spine.

b) Mammography and ultrasound of the breast.

Chest wall conditions, like Tietzie syndrome, may present as mastalgia. Please read abut it;

http://www.medicinenet.com/costochondritis_and_tietze_syndrome/article.htm

Lisuride maleate is a new agent recently studied for the treatment of mastalgia. Vitamin E and evening primrose oil also can help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

calling today for a mammogram since my dr said nothing is wrong but I dont understand why my back hurts too,only on the right side

A chest cage issue or a mid back issue can explain pain in breasts and back.

Investigations can give the diagnosis.

Physical exam clues too are important specifically tenderness in a particular area, will indicate myofascial trigger point which responds to physical therapy and deep electrotherapy.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

at this point I will try just about anything and since I am very large breasted it might be hard to find an answer but I am not going to quit. thanks

You are very welcome.

I can assure you, this is unlikely to be sinister.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hlStay blessed.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

God bless.