Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a fee? I have heinous red cracked swollen lips and…

Is there a fee...

Is there a fee? I have heinous red cracked swollen lips and can't figure it out

Doctor's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dermatologist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

How much is the dermatologist fee? I have had this for a couple years

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had allergy test and allergic to mushrooms, peppers, oat, ryr, barley but doubt they can cause this reaction. I live in Colorado. I also get eczema on wrist in conjunction. Have photos to show

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Have photos attached
2/11/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hello
Hi...Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani from India. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern..This does not look like allergy to any food. It looks more like seasonal eczema or cold weather induced lip cracking
Thank you for uploading the image which has made the diagnosis very evident.
Please answer my questions -
1. Do you have wrist eczema currently?
2. Was there any lip swelling which subsided?
3. Did this start after any fever please?
4. Do you have this consistently for the past 2 years or is it intermittent?
5. If intermittent what are the aggravating and relieving factors that you have noted?Please get back with the requested information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I am waiting for your response please.
Do you have wrist eczema currently?
5. If intermittent what are the aggravating and relieving factors that you have noted?
Sorry I did give you answers but they didn't post... hold on
I still have wrist eczema. Swelling was worse last night with horrible scaling. No fever. Intermittent during all seasons. Steroids will stop the swelling but I don't know what causes this! Thanks so much!
Hi...thank you for getting back with the requested information.This is eczema over the wrist.The lips seems to be dryness induced lip cracking which occurs very commonly in individuals with eczema and dry skin.The lips need only topical emollient like glycerine.Nothing need to be worried about it.The swelling may be body's initial inflammatory response to cracking.Eczema over skin will get better with mild steroid or with topical emollient lotion again.But as it is eczema, it can be recurrent and irritating. I am sorry for this.Hope I have attended to your query to your satisfaction.
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello, I am waiting for your response please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Ameprayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD