Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has passed out three times today, when he bends…

My husband has passed...

My husband has passed out three times today, when he bends down. His blood pressure is good. He is 85 years of age. Should he go to emergency to be looked at?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

Pressure is consistent.

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/10/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is his heart rate and blood sugar levels?

are you abel to check these?

has he passed out like this before? this doesn't sound normal.

Heart rate is 104 to 84. Do not have ability to check sugar. No, this is the first time he has passed out. He feels somewhat light-headed. I checked blood pressure 10:00 AM to 2:15 PM.
I just need to know if he needs to be looked at immediately.

passing out is a serious issue. it could be due to low blood sugar, low blood pressure, something wrong with his brain. you should have him see a doctor. he may need a brain MRI or CT scan and other testing to find out why he is passing out.

you should go to the ER and show the doctors there.

maybe he can bend over and show the doctors there how he passes out.

they can run more test for him

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Thank you. At hospital now

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions .

do you see the ratings area?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician