Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My left testicle started hurting this morning, and it is…

Customer Question
My left testicle started...

My left testicle started hurting this morning, and it is slightly swollen is it because ive been working out lately or what could be going on

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries im 26 and i felt like i was having a uti this past week im in a monogamous relationship

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I realized it was swollen around 1300 cst

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

What medicine did you take for UTI?

Is there any redness?

How is urine?

Hello again,
I was waiting for response from you.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Pain in the testicle can occur from a few causes.
Infection or inflammation is a common cause.
The other causes can be trauma, varicocele, growth etc.
Sometimes it can be referred pain from other organ like prostate, urinary tract, radiculopathy.
But in case of torsion, the pain gets acute.
Mild pain can be from an inflammation, trauma.
Torsion or twisting is a condition which would need urgent evaluation.
You can Motrin.
Use under garment to support the testis.
If the pain continues, I would advise to consult doctor to have an examination in ER or urgent care.
Doctor can take a few tests like an ultrasound, urinalysis to know the precise cause and have a management plan.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you have any more question?