Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I bruised the ribs in my lower left back in a ski accident.

Customer Question
I bruised the ribs...

I bruised the ribs in my lower left back in a ski accident. I hit a tree stump hard on a fall in my lower left back region. I had X Rays and the doctor checked my lower abdomen for pain and the x rays didn't show any unusual conditions. I have been taking Alleve and Tylenol as prescribed by the MD. My stomach is very bloated and pushed out and it feels like I have gained 10 lbs but my weight is normal.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I don't take any meds daily and have never had allergic reactions. I am currently taking 2 Alleve every 12 hours plus 1000mg of Tylenol every 8 hours.I have been diagnosed with IBS and have had a couple of diverticulitious attacks in the past but this feels very different.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
2/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Stomach bloating might be related to painkillers you are taking regularly now a days. As far as there is no blood in vomitus, stool or abdominal pain nothing much to worry about. Intestines slow downs after a trauma. I would recommend you to take tablet metoclopramide to increase motility, ginger tea, walking after every meal could improve the situation a lot. It should get better within 1 to 2 days.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I hope you are feeling better. Let me know if you have followup questions.