Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a bruised feeling on my right temple, where the bone…

I have a bruised...

I have a bruised feeling on my right temple, where the bone of my eye socket is. A little bit of swelling, but I have not hit my head or had any kind of accident or injury.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

10 days

1/31/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

Thank you

how old are you?

42

do you have a picture of it?

I have worn prescription glasses my entire life for astigmatism, however it isn't really an eye pain or strain. It feels like a bruise, like I did hit it on something, but only when I press. It feels like a slight pressure continually. There is a bit of swelling that is evident above my eye.

You might have slept on it wrong

is the vision ok?

The vision is okay. I have attached a photo
I thought it might be sleeping on it, but its been about ten days and the swelling seems to be getting worse
I have not tried icing it or anything along those lines

That is very odd

I have never heard of anything like this

you should go to your doctor and have it checked

okay thank you

welcome :)

sorry it's just hard to diagnose online without seeing it and examining it

there is enough there to see a doctor though and have it checked

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor