Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed since maybe October November bruises out of no…

I noticed since maybe...

I noticed since maybe October November bruises out of no where on the back of my legs the calves, behind my knee, on the side of my thighs and just saw a new one on the yesterday, all the bruises are very dark in color. I don't remember hitting anything, but I do remember lifting weights back in october, when I noticed the bruising out of no where I stopped lifting, but the bruises have not wentzwsy, very dark, in color. I am applying bruise cream.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling, and they don't hurt

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had sarcoidosis many years ago, but I am healed of it, took recent cray for chest it turned out negative. Did do blood work in September my white blood cells were like 5/10,was told to go back to my obgyn, she took a swap and I did not have any vaginally infection. She told me not to worry, all my other blood work was good.

1/25/2018
doctor_charles

Hi there,
I am Dr. Charles- it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Are you there?

Dear customer

I have started working on your question & I am typing the answer.

Please stay online.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

I really prefer texting thank you

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There can be various reasons of unexplained bruise.

The most common causes of such bruise are:deficiencies in vitamins B 12, C, K and folic acid can result in tissue or blood vessel weakness resulting in easy bruising,diabetes,side affect of certain medication,liver diseases like cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, platelet disorders.

Your lifting of weights back in october has aggravated the symptoms.

Following is recommended for you now:

• You need to Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the ice pack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the bruise.
  • . Zinc and folic acid or vitamin C supplements help prevent easy bruising.

Despite how they feel,bruises are not typically cause for concern.They will get resolve by itself .

Thank you

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work.

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

doctor_charles
Thank you very much

Dear customer

Thank you for words of appreciation.

It was my pleasure to help you today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen if this interaction has been satisfactory,.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles