Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had the stomach bug about a month ago, and I was vomiting…

I had the stomach bug...
I had the stomach bug about a month ago, and I was vomiting for a couple days with diarrhea, cold chills, and a fever. The vomiting lasted for about 2 weeks. Going into the 3rd week I started to feel better, but the nausea was still there. My stomach doesn’t feel upset it’s more like a tense feeling in my mouth and throat as if I’m about to throw up. It’s been about 2 months now and the nauseating feeling still hasn’t gone away. Please help...
1/23/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated heartburn after eating?

Constant throat irritation and clearing?

Phlegm at the back of the throat?

Stuffy nose, sore throat?

Cough?

Are you taking any medications?

Alcohol and smoking intake?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No heartburn
Kind of hurts to swallow
Yellowish green mucus
Stuffy nose and sore throat
No cough
No medications
No alcohol or smoking

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds Sinusitis with postnasal drip.

And as you have green mucus so it suggests a Bacterial infection.

You should take some self-care measures until you see your doctor.
Do steam inhalation, oral betadine rinse, and saline gargles.
You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.
You should take Zantac, Motrin and Nyquil/Claritin.
You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.
Elevate your head while lying down.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s not really the stuffy nose and throat that’s giving me the most trouble. It’s the constant feeling of feeling like I’m going to throw up but nothing happens. It comes in waves. I can’t sleep at night because when I lay down my mouth starts to water and I get a tense feeling in my jaw like I’m going to be sick. It’s just frustrating..

Thanks for the follow-up.

Other possible cause may include Laryngopharyngeal acid reflux.

You should take OTC Prilosec empty stomach and OTC Zantac after meals at bedtime.

You should try all such over the counter medications as we have discussed earlier which definitely provide you relief.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor