Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Would the liver have enough time to process both the alcohol…

Would the liver have enough...
Would the liver have enough time to process both the alcohol and xarelto....20mg per day....without having too much of it in your body.....would this lead to a excessive amount of either one in your body ?.....
1/23/2018
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Yes, the liver would have plenty of time to metabolize both alcohol and Xarelto, so neither will get to levels higher than what they would have achieved with either alone.

Of course, chronic use of alcohol can lead to liver disease, but intermittent short term use of alcohol will not interfere with liver metabolism of Xarelto.

So, you do not need to be concerned about metabolism of either the alcohol or the Xarelto in your situation.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor