Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed about two days ago a small bump develop on the top…

I noticed about two...

I noticed about two days ago a small bump develop on the top of the penile shaft right below the penile head. It seems to be just under the surface of the foreskin and seems to be about 1-3 centimeters long in length. It has stayed in the same area, but is somewhat moveable. The structure appears to be long and narrow (like that of a worm). There is some minor pain and discomfort, but it is mostly just a dull, numb annoyance and sensation. I have not had sex recently and am circumcised, and like I said I noticed it about two days ago. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain has come and go for the past two days. It is a very minor pain and does not inhibit urination

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing comes to mind. I am a healthy 21 year old college student with only one previous sexual partner

1/23/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

I do not have a picture. I dont think that would be much help either, as it is small and not noticeable through a camera.

It sounds like a blood vessel

like a vein

I also wanted to add that since noticing this issue about two days ago, it has been difficult for me to get an erection. It also sometime feels like whatever the object/cyst/fiborous tissue is wrapped around my penis.
It very well could be that. Would the blood vessel/popped vein be discolored or the same color as the penile shaft?

If it is deep it could be the same color as the skin

Ok, good to know as there is no discoloration. And if that is the case, what is the proper treatment for alleviating/helping cure this issue?

I'm not sure there is anything that needs to be done

I would just monitor it for now and see your doctor

it might not need treatment

Ok fantastic. Thank you for the assistance and advice.

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor