Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a rash of small red bumps that seems to be spreading.

3 Appeared first on my...
I have a rash of small red bumps that seems to be spreading. 3 Appeared first on my stomach several days ago, and a few at the very top back of my thighs. Then a few more appeared a couple days later on the on the side of my breast. They are not sore and not itchy. Then this am I had a bump on the very top of my labia. It looked like a big pimple with a full white head. The white head came off when I showered. Now it’s just a red bump. It was sore but not itchy. Cortisone seemed to calm down the bumps on my stomach. What is this??
1/22/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry you have a rash on your body.

Can you please attach pictures.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Attached. The first is the three on my stomach. They have mostly healed and look like bug bites now
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The second is the ones on the outside of my breast, but they are very small it was hard to get a photo
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I also should note that I had similar red bumps around my pubic region and behind about 1 month ago after my period. I thought it was a rash from the pad
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Those went away in about 3 weeks
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Those were not sore. But the ones in my pubic areas were very itchy
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I did have unprotected sex 5 weeks ago
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Could this be an STI and no a rash? Would I get bumps on my stomach from any kind of STI??
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Are you there?

I think you may be concerned that these are herpes. From your pictures and description, they do not appear to be herpes. They are not indicative of any other STI such as venereal warts, more...

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I think your answer got cut off ?

or any type of STI. The "sores" in your pubic area are most likely a form of heat rash and nothing more. Continue with the Cortisone cream twice daily. This should resolve in 5-7 days. You should have no concern about any type of sexually transmitted infection.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What about something like scabies or crabs? Is that possible? They are really not itchy on my stomach or breast but could that be because I’ve been applying cortizone? I also take Claritin daily for allergies. Could those 3 things suppress the itchiness?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don’t understand the one single pimple like sore on my labia. It was not like the others. It had a big full white head and it was very sore. That is the one I am concerned about. What could that be? I don’t think one single sore that looks like a pimple is heat rash
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
the other bumps have been popping up in different places every couple of days
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
the red bumps in my pubic area were in my pubic hair near my bikini line. The white bump was actually on my labia

The white bump may be a small abscess from an ingrown hair. The other bumps in your bikini line may be folliculitis from shaving. Warm moist compresses will bring it to a head so it can drain. There is an over the counter medicine called Black Salve that helps to resolve an abscess. You can apply it as directed, but do not let it get into your vagina.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
You don’t think it’s related to all the red bumps on the rest of my body? And what are the bumps on my stomach and breast from? They’ve been appearing for 7 days now and there are new ones every day
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have ichthammol ointment. Put that in just the one that was white? Should I take a hot sits bath first? Would Epsom salts be ok?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am equally concerned about all the red ones appearing on my body. What are they from?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I will happily rate you 5 stars if you can answer all of my questions, but I still don’t know what the red bumps are on my stomach and breasts
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It seems too coincidental to not be related to the ones in my genital area, right?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Also I have already been applying cortisone for 7 days. I thought I shouldn’t use it longer than that. It reduces the bumps but they just keep coming

Have you been perspiring more than usual? Maybe you need to change your body soap and apply a moisturizer. If this doesn't resolve in another 7 days, then you may want to have your doctor evaluate.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No. And I use the exact same fragrance free soaps and detergents I always have for years.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I moisturize daily
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I still don’t feel like you have answered my questions. Ask me as many as you need to in order to tell me what this could be.

Then I need to go back to this being folliculitis. Try an over the counter antibiotic cream such as Bacitracin along with the Cortisone Cream. If that doesn't work, then please see your doctor.

I'll be happy to opt out and let another expert try to help you. Just let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Wait! I was just examining my arm hair. There was a tiny brown fleck. I put it on white paper and smudged it and it looked really dark red like blood.Could it be some kind of bug?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok I found more of these TINY brown flecks on my skin
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here

thanks for uploading those photos

those small red dots on the skin are mild areas of skin dermatitis

they can be from inflammation in your body, your diet, dry air, irritation of your skin.

they are not due to STD or sexually transmitted disease

you have said yourself you have had red bumps around your pubic region before which went away with time

I suspect these red spots on your skin under your breast will go away in time as well.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok what about those brown flecks though? Could it be flea bites or something like that?

I don't see any brown flecks on your skin

it is normal for skin tones to change on different parts of your skin

these are not signs of flea bites.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I do have two cats but they are flea treated most of the year, plus it’s been freezing where I live for weeks so I haven’t seen a single flea. I wash my bedding very regularly and just looked for any sign ofbed bugs and didn’t see anything.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No I picked them off and put them on white paper and smushed them, they were dark red like blood

I don't see signs of flea bites on your skin.

flea bites tend to cause severe itchiness and the fleas tend to bite around where they live in the carpet, around your lower legs and ankles.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok thanks. Could it be any other kind of bug or mite?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok well this wasn’t very helpful but thank you anyway

no, it would not be from any other bug or mite causing bites.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician