Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I wonder if I had sex with my bf (intercourse and broke

Second opinion] I wonder if...
Second opinion] I wonder if I had sex with my bf (intercourse and broke inside) on the 2nd of my period. My cycle is always aroud 27-30. I wonder if there is a risk of pregancy or not since I took plan b in24 hours.
Thank you very much. This can help me a lot.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me what date, i.e. how long ago, you had this episode of sexual intercourse with the condom breaking inside? And are you currently still having you period? If not, when did you cease to menstruate? (bleeding)

My period stared about the night on 18th and i had sex on 19th
Yes,Im still having my period after i took plan b but just a little though my period usaully about 5-6days

Thank you for that information. I'm glad to tell you that no you are not at risk for pregnancy. Since the event occurred during the second day of your period, you would not ovulate for about another 12 days. Any sperm from the broken condom inside you would not survive until then. The Plan B is designed to block ovulation, but since you're not going to do that for more than 1 week anyway, not much of an issue. All in all you can rest assured, you should not conceive based on your scenario.

Can I help with anything else today?

If I've addressed your question and you are satisfied, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you.

i should not worry about that right? TT since i have read the inormation from the internet. They told me that they may have a chance about pregnantcy...

No, you do not need to worry. You should not become pregnant from the incident on the second day of your period. Too far out from your ovulation date.

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Dear Doctor, today I felt a bit dizzy and nausea. Could this a early symptoms of pregnancy or from Plan B?
By the way,I'm still bleeding a little bit from period.
Probably from the Plan B. If you are still bleeding from your period that is proof you are not pregnant.
Err... Since I took plan B on 20th Jan and today I guess it's time for my period to stop (it has been bleeding a bit on theses days) but right now it's still bleeding and getting more.i also have a pain like everytime I got period. Is that an effect from Plan B? and how long Plan B effect last?
Thank you doctor
By the way,thank you so much
You are the best doctor here ever

Hello again. Menstrual irregularity is a known side effect of Plan B. Should wear off soon, since you took it about a week ago. You're probably just going to have a longer period than normal, so I would just wait a few more days and use any over the counter pain relievers you might use during your normal menstrual cramps. If the bleeding persists more than 1 week after your normal periods would have stopped, I recommend seeing your gynecologist.

Could the blood that spilting be the blood from a baby in blastocyst form implanting in my uterus ?