Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My wife ( 25) and me (28 )are married for 3 yrs now and

Hello My wife ( 25) and...
Hello
My wife ( 25) and me (28 )are married for 3 yrs now and since last may(2017 ) ( TTC # 9 this month ) we are trying to conceive . During the first 3 month of marriage she used pills but after that we used condoms . Since may 2017 she is taking folic acid and im taking centrum multivitamin and vit c 1000 mg daily my BMI 26 i lost 10 kg in the last 6 month . My question is why till now no pregnancy and is that normal or not ? We are extremely worried . we will use clear blue digital ovulation test , to see when is ovulation
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Test 1
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Test 2
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Test 3
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Blood test made on cycle day 4 or 5 can remember
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my wife period is very accurate 30 days sharp
1/22/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry you are having a problem conceiving. The test results you sent are all within a normal range. Your wife's tests indicate no problem with her. The problem may be with you not having either enough sperm or decreased motility (movement) of your sperm. May I suggest you visit a Urologist to have a sperm count/motility study performed.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what about the F.S.H to L.H ratio

FSH/LH ratio is used for a determination of perimenopause/menopause.

Have you been tested?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a copy of tests are uploaded
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Serum L.H 9.890
Serum F.S.H 5.460

These numbers are essentially within the normal range for Ovulation. So, your wife is ovulating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but i ve read that in cycle day 3 ratio must be 1:1 , the blood test is made on day 5

These are not absolutes and all factors must be considered. The "timing" is not 100% accurate and can vary by 24-72 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you think that 9 month of trying is normal

Yes, nine months can be normal. Stress can interfere with conception and the more anxiety the less the chance of conception assuming both you and your wife are chemically balanced. Your wife seems to have the normal hormone responses to become pregnant. Please, you need to be tested also.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can we start clomid , i made test 4 month ago and nothing was wrong

Yes, you can safely start Clomid (with the supervision of her doctor). Clomid is an oral medication that can be used to stimulate ovulation and increase conception. This medication has been used for many years with success.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks DR

You are welcome.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor