Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a 64 year old female and I’m experiencing slightly

I’m a 64 year...

I’m a 64 year old female and I’m experiencing slightly painful urination and just had light blood when I wiped after urinating . Also the stream of urine was broken twice and I have an uncomfortable sensation— not quite burning or itching just uncomfortable

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Slight irritation for two -three days no other symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I can’t think of anything

1/22/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Pain in lower abdomen?

Are you taking any medications?

Fever, nausea, vomiting?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Recently Cold medication Excedrin Aleve occasionally
Hormones Menest & Progesterone daily
No real pain in my abdomen— more like pressure, which seems to be excelerating
No fever, no vomiting

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds Urinary tract infection/ Urethritis.

You should take OTC AZO pills and cranberry juice.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

You should do warm compresses with a heating pad on the lower abdomen.

If your symptoms are getting worse over the time then prompt urinalysis, Ultrasound should be done to rule out Stone in the urinary tract and visit an emergency room.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

I’m satisfied that I received valid information that I will heed
I rate this service and Dr Anil as 5 stars Thank you

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars located above in your reply forum.

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor