Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had jock itch for several months now. I have tried…

I have had jock...

I have had jock itch for several months now. I have tried all the creams but as I am on immunodeppressants and HRT it continues to thrive and spread.

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Burning and rash.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

It takes up either side of my groin and down the left leg by about the size of a hand. It is red. Today I went outside to see if exposure to the sun would help. m on pre biotics, and post biotics and should be greatful that I dont have a vaginal yeast infection.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have MS and am on meds for chronic pain as well, mostly Lyrica and sometime Celebrex on a bad day. Also have granuloma annulare. I thought it was GA initially. I have been to the doctor twice about this but the products didnt clear it.

1/22/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

have you seen your doctor about this and tried prescription antifungal powders like nystatin powder 4 times a day for 4-6 weeks?

you have to keep the groin area dry with antifungal powder 4 times a day to fight fungus.

Female, have seen doctor twice. Have been using the different creams but not the powder...only crash baby powder

creams can often add more moisture in the area which doesn't need more moisture.

ask your doctor for antifungal nystatin powder to use 4 times a day

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician