Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been an LPN for 26years now. I do not do drugs or…

Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been an LPN for 26years now. I do not do drugs or drink anything alcoholic. I recently moved to Albuquerque and tested positive for a marijauna urine drug test. I was using Naked In The Woods body massage for my shoulder pain. It contains hemp seed. I haven't used it for 7 days now, have done a detox and still show 3 positive tests. I even tried to get into my own Dr. that I use to go to and know one returned a call. I don't know what else to do. I need to work and fast. Any suggestions? Sue

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine tests from the special clinics you have to go to. I am using The Gold Standard Utest, THC 15ng/ml I am so scared.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have asthma and take paxil, wellbutrin since menopase and verapamil for PSVT.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also inhalers are Qvar and Proair, take Ativan 1mg for sleep and ProQ10 qd.
1/22/2018
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Have you also had a positive confirmatory test, such as GC/MS?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no just the mentioned one.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have an interview tomorrow and need to be drug tested. If positive it gets turned into state. I did a detox drink that did nothing.

You should be able to pass the test because the confirmatory test should be negative. Commercially prepared hemp seed products in the US should not have any significant amount of THC (by federal law). However, it could have other cannabinoids that may cross-react with a screening test. A confirmatory test is able to differentiate between the various cannabinoids, so should not be falsely positive from a hemp seed product.

There is no way for you to be certain until you are tested, and if you will be tested tomorrow, there is not sufficient time for you to seek testing on your own.

The other medicines that you list are not reported to cause false positives for marijuana. However, one of the most common class of drugs to cause a false positive for marijuana on a screening test are anti-inflammatory medicines, including the over the counter ibuprofen and naproxen. If you have been taking one of these medicines for the shoulder pain, it could cause a false positive screening test for marijuana. In that situation, the confirmatory test would also be negative.

If your confirmatory test returns positive, then you can get the product tested to see whether it contains THC despite federal law.

There is no effective method to accelerate the clearance of THC out of your body. Drinking plenty of fluids can help to flush the system and dilute the urine, but if you overdo it and the urine is too dilute, that also would be considered a failure. So, you should not drink more than 2.5 - 3 liters of fluids in teh 24 hours before the test.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Dr. D. Love, Doctor