Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My right hand and fingers always is colder than my left.

My right hand and...

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

None

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

what is your height and weight?

you may have worse circulation in your right hand than your left

51, male, 6'2", 230

I see

are you able to exercise? regular exercise can help your circulation improve

if the cold fingers are painful, you should see a doctor about them

there are medical tests like angiograms and doppler ultrasounds which can check for circulation

some patients can have blood vessel spasms in their arms and fingers which can cause them to be cold, especially when exposed to cold weather.

I do exercise. It is not painful. It sounds like one hand has better circulation than the other. I can have is checked at my next full physical.

that is good you are exercising

and that is good the coldness is not painful

one hand could have better circulation than the other

your doctor can order some testing for you on this

increasing your stretching, yoga, flexibility could help improve your circulation

continuing to exercise can help as well

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician