Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am noticing flashes of light in my left eye. Can you tell…

I am noticing flashes of...
I am noticing flashes of light in my left eye. Can you tell me if it is something I should be worried about?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have any other medical issues?

I discovered a floater yesterday in my left eye. Cervical disc bulges which I aggravated by lifting something above my head causing head pain for a few days which is gone today.

This could be a detached retina

or the start of one

that would be the only serious concern

you need to see an eye doctor right away

is this helpful?

it is. I will make an appointment with my eye doctor. Thank you.

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor