Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a non-smoking aged 29 male. I've been noticing this…

Customer Question
Hi I am a...

Hi I am a non-smoking aged 29 male. I've been noticing this soreness/pain/pressure in the region of my abdomen below my sternum above belly button. It's accompanied by what I notice as a weird pulse. All of this especially when I'm lying down. Maybe 2 inches below my sternum. And I'm not exactly thin so... An I've been having weird lower back pain too and being someone who suffers from anxiety i naturally fear it's an AAA. Should I not be worried? Should I get itnexamed? I'm not sure what to do.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Pressing on it seems to hurt more. Nothing really makes it better

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No history of cardio problems including family

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
1/20/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you suffer from nausea, heartburn?

Bloating and flatulence?

Is pain radiating from upper abdomen to left side of flank and back area?

Do you suffer from symptoms of Passing out, clammy skin, Dizziness, vomiting, rapid heart rate?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any episode of strenuous exercise or exertion?

Shortness of breath?

Alcohol consumption?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

no nausea heartburn or flatulence. I am feeling a will ache in the lower back wrapping around to flank, it's not continuous with the pain in upper abdomen so I'm not sure if they're related.None of the other symtpoms except I'm getting a little short of breath climbing stairs and things. But I'm having a heard time disentangling anxiety from reality. It could just be asthma causing that.
No nausea heartburn or flatulence. I am feeling a will ache in the lower back wrapping around to flank, it's not continuous with the pain in upper abdomen so I'm not sure if they're related.None of the other symtpoms except I'm getting a little short of breath climbing stairs and things. But I'm having a heard time disentangling anxiety from reality. It could just be asthma causing that.
Sorry for the multiple sends.. it wasn't working..

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, chances of An abdominal aortic aneurysm are very slim.

Possible differential diagnoses may include Gastritis, Muscle strain, Kidney stone, Gallbladder disease, Intestinal spasms, Diverticulosis.

You should take OTC Nexium and Advil.

Take OTC Gas X and Citrucel.

Maintain a good hydration.

You can do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment and apply warm compresses with a heating pad on the affected sites.

You should avoid spicy, fried, fat-rich diet.

Do deep breathing.

Start Culturelle probiotic.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor