Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is there anything i can take for vaginal itching. I am

Is there anything i...

Is there anything i can take for vaginal itching. I am miserable and think i have scratched to hard. I feel that I have swelling down there. I am very uncomfortable.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

For about two days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I got genital herpes, but have not been bothered by it for over ten years. Its never been in the front part of my area. I do see little bumps . I have been using vagisal wipes but it doesn't give very much relief

1/20/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having vaginal itching since last 2 days along with swelling (from scratching) is most likely due to yeast infection.It is one of the most common infection in females.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antifungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit & prescription medications are less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor