Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My husband had endovascular popliteal artery aneurysm repair…

My husband had endovascular...

My husband had endovascular popliteal artery aneurysm repair using a stent earlier today. We are home and when he urinated, there was a little blood in the urine. This was the first urination after surgery. Should we be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Average

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so.

1/20/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

did he have a foley urinary catheter in his bladder during the procedure?

this catheter can irritate the bladder

and cause a bit of blood for a day or so

make sure he drinks more water and urinates more frequently

the little blood should go away

let me know if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, doctor. He will be drinking more water and hopefully this will go away.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician