Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some questions regarding my blood and urine lab work.

Hi i have some...

Hi i have some questions regarding my blood and urine lab work

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

1/20/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

What are your questions please?

i just done a lab work blood and urine for my life insurance
they life insurance got approved. and I got the copy of the results. There are couple of items that are slightly high. Can you please tell me how serious they are and what do i need to do
cholestrol 240
LDL 155
albumin 5.5
total protein 8.5

Could I please see the entire report?

what are the protein ones? how serous are they? they are sllightly highI searched online and some take it to extreem
sent

Not serious at all

Both your protein and albumin levels are slightly higher than the high normal but we call that clinically insignificant--it doesn't indicate a medical problem

As for the total cholesterol-- that's what the 244 was--we'd like to see it lower that 200 but it's the LDL cholesterol--the so called bad cholesterol--that is more of an indication of the risk for heart disease. At 155 it's high but not all that high. I wouldn't put you on statin medication for that right now--just have you work on proper diet and weight loss

Overall the rest of your labs are good--your liver and kidneys are fine and you aren't diabetic

Please let me know if you need any more information

I saw online that high level of protein and albulin can indicate bad dieseases. Anyting from cancer, hepatit, liver issues , hiv.what is considered high?
I am on a ketogenic diet maybe thats why sugar low and cholestrol is high

Your levels simply aren't high enough to indicate any of that--The albumin and the protein levels would have to be about double what they are in your case to indicate that

The keto diet might lower glucose a little but it wouldn't affect the cholesterol level

I shouldnt worry about protein levels?

No, not at all

what do you suggest for ldl HDL and cholestrol?thank you thats a relief

Your HDL--good cholesterol--is very good

For the total and LDL cholesterol levels like I said I'd put you on a nutrient dense diet and an exercise program to get those numbers down a bit

thank you
will bring them down in 6 months.How can I bring the protein down?

You really don't need to try to get the protein level down--it doesn't mean anything and it's not in any way damaging to your health

With the diet and exercise the cholesterol numbers should be down in six months

thank you appreaciate it.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor