Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was walking into the house today carrying a pizza box. I…

I was walking into the...
I was walking into the house today carrying a pizza box. I ran into the door frame with the pizza box and the corner jammed into my stomach. I was only walking, but the corner of the box even started to bend a bit when it hit my stomach. It took my breath away for several seconds and felt some pain/discomfort in my back at the same time. This was several hours ago. Is this anything to worry about? It hit me on the left side just to the left of my sternum right next to the rib cage.
1/19/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, since it occurred several hours ago, are you currently feeling any pain or discomfort?

Hello, My stomach is sore in the area. I don't see any bruising from the outside, but it has also been just a few hours.

I understand, thank you for that information. No need to worry, with the mechanism of injury you described above with the corner of a cardboard pizza box, you would not have cause any internal organ damage. At most, just some skin and muscle very mild bruising, even if not visible, which might ache for a short while, but will completely heal without a problem.

Can I help with anything else today?

Okay, thank you for your response. I also forgot to mention that I taking baby aspirin daily for protein s deficiency. Does that at all matter?

Thanks for the additional information. 81 mg a day of aspirin would not change anything, no reason to worry about bleeding or anything like that.

Anything else I can help with?

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
That is everything. Thank you for your answer.