Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was in for an EGD yesterday where they also took biopsies,

Customer Question
I was in for...

I was in for an EGD yesterday where they also took biopsies, and since the procedure my stomach has been cramping on and off. This has been making me not want to eat, and when my stomach cramps I feel like I am going to throw up.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Is this normal?
1/19/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having this cramping after the EGD and stomach biopsy

yes, cramping is very common after biopsy

you should take some stomach acid reducing agents like omeprazole 40mg and zantac 150 mg to help decrease stomach acid

which can help you stomach calm down

you can try taking maalox, mylanta, pepto bismal which can help coat your stomach and help decrease nausea

ginger can help nausea as well.