Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small growth / lump on the shaft of my penis. I was…

Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a small growth / lump on the shaft of my penis. I was tested a while back and the results were negative. Been with my girlfriend's for a year, I thought it could be a wart, there's only one present and it's not colliflowers shaped and also I've read that the first signs are usually 1-3 months after first contact. But we've been together longer than that

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

I've only noticed it today, I'd say it's quite soft. If I stretch the skin it almost flattens out

1/19/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.\

Can you upload a photo here?

Is it causing any symptom?

There's no symptoms
Have the photos come through?

Without any symptoms like tingling, burning and/or sharp pain this could not be herpetic. Papillomatous warts are cauliflower like and have a verrocus appearance. This doesn't look like a wart nor is it behaving like one.

This can be a blocked follicle or a sebaceous gland duct. Can also be a fordyce spot.

I would suggest that if this does not go away on its own within 2 weeks, you should have this seen by your dermatologist. A dermatologist can apply a little local/topical anesthesia on it and freeze it off and send it for a biopsy. Nowadays, lasers can also be used to take care of such lesions.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Ok Thank you

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor