Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am on Macrobid for a uti on day 2 now I have a pain in my…

Customer Question
I am on Macrobid...

I am on Macrobid for a uti on day 2 now I have a pain in my tailbone and I am having anxiety could this Be from the antibiotics?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Just started yesterday with the pain

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/19/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually, macrobid is known to cause anxiety in many patients. In fact, anxiety appears as a side effect in up to 4-5% of the patients. Similarly, pain in the tailbone can be due to the Macrobid however at the same time it can be a separate issue such as inflammation in the region. So it is possible that you are experiencing anxiety as a result of the Macrobid and if this is the case then simply stopping the therapy will solve the problem. The good news here is that these effects are transient in nature and once you stop the treatment, the effects would fade away within 3-7 days.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.