Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had 3 large bruises on my upper shoulder, unexplained,

Customer Question
I had 3 large...

I had 3 large bruises on my upper shoulder, unexplained, with dry skin. Doctor said don;t worry. 4 weeks later i have 3 huge dents that are extermely tender. Should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

I had no skin issues until I saw these odd bruises. I have has no noticeable nail changes,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hair was falling out. I had extensive bloodwork done on 2 occasions and nothing was found. I also saw hemotologist and had a full blood panel done to check for blood cancer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/19/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Thank you for the question.

I am afraid that you do have cause for worry.

Bruises which convert to painful tends usually mean that there is an infection in that area.

It is likely that you were injured at the time you got the bruises. The area has now become infected. The dents would indicate liquefaction of the collected blood. Or there could be a collection of pus .

In any case, please consult a doctor for an examination. You will need to be prescribed antibiotics.

Please take Brufen tablets, 200 mg twice daily after food till you manage to see a doctor. Brufen is OTC.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

What are tends and could you put this in terms that I could possibly understand? What does this all mean?

Bruises occur when there is collection of solid blood under the skin. If this blood becomes liquid, the skin will sag forming a dent or depression in the skin. Sometimes there may be infection in the blood, leading to collection of pus under the skin. This can also lead to the formation of a dent or depression in the skin.

So if you have dents in the skin after a bruise, please consult a doctor for an examination.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.