Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had a bad flair-up of gout in the knee. Can i I started…

I've had a bad...

I've had a bad flair-up of gout in the knee. Can i I started on Colchicin, my Dr. is allowing me to take max 24 hr prescription , 0.18 mgs. Is it OK to take ibuprofin along with Colcichin. I have swelling and pain that persist.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Licenopril 40mgs. Feliodopine with HBP reading,Baby asprin 81mgs eye drops alphagan two drops per eye per day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Creatinine level slightly elevated. Recently had surgery in ear middle,Basil celll caricinoma removed, pathology reports no residulal affectss no meds used in connection with post surgery.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Yes, you can safely take Ibuprofen with Colchicine.

There is no negative interaction between them.

This combination would help to decrease inflammation and pain.

Yes, you can take Ibuprofen with Colchicine.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Is Dr. Josh an eye doctor? That's what the introduction states, are aeye Drs generally associated with the type of case and issue I've posted here?
I only have one question :Is Dr Josh an eye Dr.? I will not be calling in today.Thank you

I am a General Physician, and have been working with justanswer.com since 2007.

I am not a Eye Dr.

I also see patients, in routine clinical practice.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I'd like my question answered. Is Dr. Josh an eye Dr.? My issue deals with gout, Rheumatology.Thanks

Well, I have already given you answer.

I am re-posting it again.

I a general physician, and deals with Rheumatology cases in routine clinical practice.

I am not a Eye Dr.

Hope this helped

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I can see that you have given me 2 star negative ratings.

I am here for your help.

Please let me know, how can i help you further.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor