Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have tested 3 times in the last 3 months. after my two…

I have tested 3 times...
I have tested 3 times in the last 3 months. after my two potential exposures. I tested once in November using 4th generation and December using 4th generation and also a rapid hiv testing in January. my last exposure was in Sept 23 protected and October 4 a needle exposure in buttocks. I just developed a sore throat as of today. I'm a new committed relationship he was tested in last april 2017. he hasn't been with anyone since me. do I need to test in another 3 months.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you. I'm having big anxiety over this. I don't want to infect my new partner.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my results were all negative

Well, you should not worry at all.

You are completely safe from all these incidents, and I don’t feel the need for re-test at this time.

As you already have been tested, 3 times in 3 months, by method of 4th generation HIV test and by Rapid hiv test.

These all tests, are very accurate. You have gone tested at right time.

Please stop worrying. You are absolutely safe.

This sore throat, is just a common viral flu. It is self limiting in nature.

You can Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
You can go for Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
You can Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.
You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just delevoped a bad cold. Do you think it can be a late seconversion?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Very worried still no fever no chills just a bad cold?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr.Josh I have delevoped a really bad cold. Little bit of a fever just a runny nose and congested. I’m freaking out . I was diagnosed with herpes in November I been on valtrex will that effect my blood results for hiv. Very worried.
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor