Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is low platlet count? Is there a cure for it? Is it…

What is low platlet...

What is low platlet count? Is there a cure for it? Is it cancer?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm diabetic. 140 to 180 daily.

1/18/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

What is your platelet count result?

Do you suffer from weakness, bleeding, etc?

Any recent fever, infection?

Duration of symptoms?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

82 yrs old female. platlet ct is 87. no weakness, no fever, no infections. I discovered in some old blood tests as far back as 2012 that I was low. anyway what causes it.
I'am on a limited budget, I just wanted some simple honest answers. My PC thinks it is no big deal.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, The causes of low platelet include anemia, vitamin B-12 deficiency, folate deficiency, iron deficiency, viral infections, medicines induced.

If you don't have any symptoms then it's not worrisome.

A clinical evaluation and correlation of your all blood testing findings can provide a causative factor.

As you had low platelet count in 2012 then it could be some sort of infection which had caused it.

If you are still concerning then a repeat Complete blood count can be done when you have a general health check-up.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
I didn't send any request for a phone call or extra charges.
It can be an intrusion of automatic offers for premium services. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

You needn't accept them.
We can continue our conversation in this reply forum.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
I take B12 daily 2000mgs daily. is it caner?

Thank you for replying back.

No, it's not cancer at all.

I would give you assurance.
I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.