Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Helllo i am taking amoxicillin 500mg twice a day for an ear…

Helllo i am taking amoxicillin...
Helllo i am taking amoxicillin 500mg twice a day for an ear infection. I've taken amoxicillin before but now i am having like red itchy patches in my back which i have never had when taken this medication. is this an allergic reaction to it or maybe something else
1/18/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you suffer from itching, fluid-filled bumps on the affected site?

Pain?

Are they spreading?

Are you taking any other medicines?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

just itching and they seem to be by my shoulders and neck and on my side. im on cellcept 500mg, prograf 1.5mg prednisone 5mg protonix (kidney and stomach)

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

As per your description, itchy skin rash is a common adverse effect of Amoxicillin.

Still, other possible differential diagnoses may include Dermatitis, Urticaria.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.

Cool compresses on the affected site.
An application of OTC Hydrocort ointment on the affected site twice a day.
Take OTC Advil and Allegra/ Benadryl.

Wear loose-fitting cotton fabric.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor