Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Temp is 99.6, yesterday had body aches and sore throat like…

Customer Question
Temp is 99.6, yesterday...

Temp is 99.6, yesterday had body aches and sore throat like the flu, today aches r gone today but temp is still 99.5 and I'm cough up some gunk and throat itches and I'm so tired.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

2.5 days and highest was 99.6

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
1/18/2018
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are you taking any medications?

Associated stuffy nose, headache, phlegm at the back of the throat?

Shortness of breath?

Any history of Hypertension, etc?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

32, no meds, head doesn't hurt today really, nose is stuffy, phlegm when I cough, and no shortness of breath
Can hear junk in my chest

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, possible causes may include Bronchitis, Sinusitis.

And you should take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Also, do steam inhalation, saline gargles, and oral betadine rinse.

You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.

Hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
Start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.

You can take OTC Robitussin DM for a cough.

If you develop shortness of breath, chest pain, persistent fever then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor