Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mom who's is 79 very active and healthy just called me,

Customer Question
My mom who's is...

My mom who's is 79 very active and healthy just called me, she's having stomach pains, cramping just vomited. Hasn't had a good bowel movement in a week just hard marbles. Do you think she could have an obstruction. Should I take her to emergency room?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Just started, cramping. Yes, vomited once about 15 minutes ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, healthy.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Ok

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described about your mother of having stomach pains, cramping & vomiting is most likely due to severe constipation.

In medical terminology,constipation is defined as less than three bowel movements per week. Severe constipation is defined as less than one bowel movement per week.

To treat constipation,following is recommended for her:

-Give her bulk-forming laxatives like Metamucil.

-Or give her Milk of magnesia.it contains magnesium hydroxide.Magnesium hydroxide is used as a laxative to relieve constipation.It's a type of laxative known as an oral osmotic; it works by drawing water into the colon from the body tissues surrounding it. This allows the stool to pass more easily.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to take her to ER as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Is a fleet enema ok?

Yes,she can be given fleet enema.

These treat constipation by introducing fluid into the intestines through the rectum.

This will help her greatly.

I advise fleet enema for her.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating (3 or more stars) for my answer above the chat box.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Just checking in to see how your mom is feeling now?

Have you given the fleet enema?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh