Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can i reduce pain from tight tendons uner feet. Years…

How can i reduce...

How can i reduce pain from tight tendons uner feet

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Years like more than 20.exercise seems to help.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have multiple health issues including neuropothy fibramyalgia r.a. osteoporosis 2new knees hip replacement . tendonitie in groin unable to mobilize much have had cortizone in last few days after 12weeks oain and loss of movement

1/17/2018
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Sawhney an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
I need some more information.
Is this pain persisting even after cortizone injections?
How many days since you had the injections?
Where exactly under the feet is the pain located?
Is it at the heel?
I have had cortisone injection into groin tendon four ddays ago.pain is under the a rch not the heel of foot no cortizone into feet for at least 25 yearsw
Thanks for your reply.
At times as we age our arch of the foot starts getting weak and thereby putting pressure on the tendons and ligaments under the arch.
It may possibly be the reason for the pain you describe.
You should start wearing an arch support in your shoes.
You may also try roller exercises and a physiotherapist may
help you in this.
Ultrasonic massage provided by physiotherapists may also help.
If none of these help a steroid shot can be considered in the arch.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor