Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had some heel pain on the right back outside section…

I have had some heel...
I have had some heel pain on the right back outside section on the sole of my right foot. I am able to walk on it, gets excruciating at times. I have had it for about 2 months. It's not getting any better. I am a hiker and after some hiking it appears the pain moved over to the inside section for a while. But the pain ends up back on the outside section of the sole. Does this make sense to anyone?
1/17/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Is the pain on the bottom of your heel bone?

It seems to be to the right of my heel bone, it does not hurt when I push on my heel bone with my hand, just when I stand on it.
No tthanks

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

Doesn't sound like a heel spur then

There are two other possibilities though--

A stress fracture on that side of the calcaneus--heel bone

A localized area of plantar fasciitis--inflammation of the fascia in that area

You need to have this evaluated with an exam, x-rays and an MRI scan

Please let me know if you need any more information