Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Do hydrocodone and oxycodone look the same on a urine test?

Second opinion] Do hydrocodone...

Second opinion] Do hydrocodone and oxycodone look the same on a urine test?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

I have a urine test at my pain dr visit in two days. I have Rx for Oxy I am wondering if hydro and oxy test the same

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Hydrocodone and oxycodone are both semi-synthetic opioids and will appear on the opioid drug screen unless your doctor does specialized testing.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I simply want to know if my urine test will show that I took a hydro codons tab which I don’t have a Rx for, as well as the oxycodone ,which I do have an Rx for
I’m not that worried about it to spend this money. I’ll just tell my Dr before the test. I was just curious.

No, a normal drug screen will not differentiate between the two medications.

Thank You. That was all I wanted to know. Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in my question.

Dr. Scott, Doctor
Dr. Scott, Doctor