Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has had a sharp pain in his head for going on 13…

My husband has had...

My husband has had a sharp pain in his head for going on 13 days. He suffered a stroke in May 16 and had an episode November 24 that his neurologist feels was a seizure and that he is suffering from sleep apnea. We saw his doctor today who said there is nothing he can do about the pain but it is getting worse and nothing he takes allieves the pain. I need to know if I should take him to emergency room but if his d

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daiky.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Daily. No nausea

The pain is very severe and is getting worse. I want to take him to emergency room but if his doctor can’t help him then should I still take him? We have spoken with a sleep disorder clinic but waiting on paperwork and his pain gets worse every day so I don’t know what will happen in the next few weeks while he suffers.
He suffers from high blood pressure is pre diabetic and has high cholesterol
1/16/2018
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

when was the last time he had a head CT or MRI?
is his blood pressure also very high as well?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Thanksgiving. He woke from a nap and was disoriented with weakness on his right side. I took him to hospital where he received the TPA drug. He had an EEG a few weeks ago with his new neurologist who said it was clear and he feels he had a seizure and all his pain and high blood pressure and high sugar is due to sleep apnea but pain is so severe and gets worse daily.
Phone call session started