Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can I get a legal marijuana card in the State of

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get a legal marijuana card in the State of Illinois?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am a 100%disable Vietnam vet .I talk to my Doc. But she wish she could because she can't because not approved yet for the veterans

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Post traumatic stress high blood pressure and diabetes

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Every six months

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/15/2018
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are trying find out the procedure for obtaining a legal marijuana card (Medical marijuana card) in the state of Illinois. I am very familiar with this procedure, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see 29 states including Illinois have approved MMJ (medical marijuana) use in one or other way, including for health purposes.

The procedure to obtain medical marijuana card legally is step by step like this;

1) See a physician who is authorized by department of health of a state medical board to practice medical marijuana (since you are a veteran you do not require a physician’s approval – please see in more detail later below)

2) If the dr approves then he/she is supposed to issue you a Patient certification which is basically the approval of the Dr for your eligibility of MMJ

3) You need to register online through the state official website for approval by the state government

4) If approved they mail the MMJ card or Registration ID to you

5) Purchase medical marijuana products from a registered organization's dispensing facility of that state OR Licensed dispensaries

Please find below a web link for application for MMJ in the state of Illinois where they have provided all the details regarding how to legally obtain medical marijuana card, and this article also mentions that veterans receiving health care at a VA facility do not to provide a physician written certification, instead provide medical records from the VA facility for the last 12 months;

http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/prevention-wellness/medical-cannabis/medical-cannabis-registry-application

These are some additional useful web links related to MMJ (Medical marijuana), and obtaining legal medical marijuana card;

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com

https://theweedscene.com/medical-marijuana-card/

https://theweedscene.com/red-card/

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

Wishing you full success with obtaining the legal marijuana card!

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, I hope I am not bothering you, I am trying following up on your legal marijuana card concerns you had mentioned earlier (Re: how to get it in in the State of Illinois), have you received the answer I have posted above? And have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

Do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss further the process of obtaining the legal marijuana card in your state, or any other health related questions or concerns?

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD