Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My lip is dry itchy peeling. 2 day, red as well, trying to…

My lip is dry...

My lip is dry itchy peeling

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

2 day, red as well, trying to send photo

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, feel fine

1/15/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you still need help?

do you have a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here is photo

Looks like you probably have a fungal infection due to cheilitis

I would apply a topical antifungal called miconazole and add a little hydrocortisone over the counter

it will pass

don't get any inside the mouth

thin layer on lips and above twice a day

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have some Betnovate ( betamethadone valerate)
And Bactrian ( mupirocin)
Cream here. Is this the same?

the betnovate is fine

but not the bacitracin

you need to get miconazole

it is an antifungal

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor