Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How is the recovery period after surgury for boarhaave

Customer Question
How long is the...

How long is the recovery period after surgury for boarhaave syndrome

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Contantly

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Post stroke,also swallowing disorder

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/14/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Post surgery recovery period for Boerhaave syndrome can be long and can be around 2 weeks or more.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

it been 3 years,i feel as if there a inflated care tire around my upper stomach,and ribbs still sensitive,any sort of vigous moment makes me vomit,as it not enough super glue used and tightness across stomach,i guess what i'm asking would some form of exersize strech the muscles and releave tension

You may get an upper GI endoscopy and barium swallow test for your persisting symptoms.

If there is any narrowing (stricture) in the foodpipe, this can be dilated or there are minor surgeries which can be perfored for your symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl