Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My dr. diagnosed me on the phone through symptons for strep…

Customer Question
My dr. diagnosed me...

My dr. diagnosed me on the phone through symptons for strep throat and started me on amoxicillin Fri. night. I had stabbing pain in my left ear starting from my temple through my jaw line in my hair line. my face was also flushed , but w/no fever. I felt very tired and slept a lot.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

Now, I am breaking out w/small water blisters along my left side hair line and I suspect shingles. I have herpes 1 &2 & have had a shingles vaccine a few years ago (not the new one out now) I had chicken pox as a child, am a very fair skinned blonde w/blue eyes (sweedish/eng.discent). I am concerned if the amoxicillin is the right med. She prescribed because Strep is running rampant in my area and I was having surges of painful earpain and a sore throat on l. side.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

About 2 months ago, I had my two lower molars extracted, one on each side. the dentist found an old filling in the adjoining l. tooth that he wanted to remove but scheduled in March because he did not want more trauma than the double extraction caused. last night that area was also painful; however the pain seemed to start at my temple and followed nerves along my scalp, ear and into jaw area. It was a come and go, but surging intense pain and tenderness to the touch around the left ear. Oddly, my throat did not get sore on the right side. This seems to be such a strange thing. I do keep zovarax because of my herpeticness; but do not take it on a reg. basis.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/14/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you still need help?

I am now @ dr’s care Sunday urgent Med to get medication assistance . More blisterlesions & pain/almost certain it is shingles. Can u please cancel my billing & assistance. Pain & progression of attack caused urgency for med care/the breakout is too close to my eye area. Cancel service & charges/your response time & my urgency did not match. Yvonne powell
No! Just cancel request!