Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some nerve damage around C5 which radiates down my…

I have some nerve damage...
I have some nerve damage around C5 which radiates down my right arm. I've had 2 steroid injections that had NO effect at all. I need to find an alternative that works! Should I try Acupuncture or what???
1/14/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you still need help?

I am still waiting for your opinion on using acupuncture.

Acupuncture, massage and chiropractor are all reasonable options.

just click send to reply

What are the risks of acupuncture? How effective would acupuncture be in my circumstance?

Basically zero risk

Very very tiny risk of infection but that is all

I would say 10-20% chance it is effective

is this helpful?

this helps a little more.
Do you have any recommendations on how to find a reliable "acupuncturist"?

You have to research them just like a physician

where did they train?

is it a reputable school?

do they have a good degree?

etc

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor