Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My question is about a gastric sleeve procedure. No I had my…

Customer Question
My question is about...

My question is about a gastric sleeve procedure

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I had my surgery on Monday and the office is closed this weekend

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just feels like my food is coming back up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, after a gastric sleeve procedure, you MAY experience symptoms of this sort for the first week to ten days however sometimes the symptoms may persist for longer, up to a month or so. If however, you develop vomiting which is not subsiding or if you start to throw up blood OR if you develop severe abdominal pain then you will have to go back into the doctor's office or even the ER in that situation. Right now if you are on drugs like omeprazole then take an extra dose of 20 mg, if you are not on these drugs then start using OTC Prilosec at a dose of 20 mg once daily which should help with the symptoms.

But these symptoms are TO BE EXPECTED after a gastric sleeve procedure, only if you develop the above symptoms would you need to go back to the doctor's office or the ER.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.