Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have always had a curved penis that is weak at the base.

I have always had...

I have always had a curved penis that is weak at the base. My erections never seem to be rock solid and I ejaculate very quickly. Is there any cure to this problem?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

It has been like this forever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I eat right and am very active. I take supplements and work out regularly

My fully erect penis can be bent in half. It is had for my wife to be on top position because of this issue
1/11/2018
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. A curved penis may be a sign of Peyronie's disease. This is a disorder in which the penis bends or curves because of plaque, or lumps, that have formed inside the penis. Depending on where the plaque is located, the penis will bend up, down, or to the side. Peyronie’s disease occurs in about 10 percent of middle-aged men; however, younger and older men can also be affected. In some cases, men who are related tend to develop the disease, which means the disease may be inherited.

Mild bending of the penis caused by Peyronie’s disease usually does not need to be treated. Surgery may be helpful in cases where there is severe bending of the penis that interferes with sexual intercourse. There are two procedures for treating Peyronie’s disease: plication and plaque removal. Ask your GP for a referral to a urologist. They are the experts at diagnosing and treating this condition.

I have studied this. Mine curves downward. The curve doesn’t bother me so much but the fact that I never get fully erect does. Feels like i have weak pc muscles in a way. From the middle of my penis and up is hard. The base is also skinnier

In that case, I would suggest you get an MRI to look for a mechanical problem at the base of the penis. If there is nothing there to explain your condition, or nothing that can be done to fix it, you still might be able to get improvement with a penile implant at the base. A urologist could walk you through the options, including risks and benefits.

Ok thanks

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best.

I hope my answer was helpful. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I would be happy to help further.

Regards,

Doctor-Bob

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor