Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have the flu and need some advice. Haven;t seen a doc yet…

Customer Question
I have the flu...

I have the flu and need some advice

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Haven;t seen a doc yet - I am 64 and type 2 diabetic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of - I have a severe cough that I can';t shake & I am worried about pnemonia etc - spelling wrong there.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

9 days with cough, I had low grade fever and very little energy - aches pains typical influenza symptoms

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
1/10/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Is the cough productive at all, and, if so, is your sputum clear?

not productive - what little sputum is clear
is anyone there or is this just another web ripoff ?

Sorry for the delay

This sounds like a viral bronchitis and not pneumonia combined with the flu

I don't think you need antibiotics and it should run its course in a few more days

If it doesn't, have your doctor check it out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor