Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What can I take for my nervous stomach. Over a year now. I…

Customer Question
What can I take...

What can I take for my nervous stomach

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Over a year now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have open heart suryge 10 year ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
I have pain in my stomach and it move up in my shoulder blade
1/10/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. The first thing which comes to mind after hearing about your symptoms is that you could be experiencing a gallbladder issue. Gallstones can cause pain on the right side of the abdomen and even the center of the abdomen JUST underneath the ribcage which commonly radiates to the back. This would be diagnosed with a simple abdominal ultrasound along with blood tests and if necessary a HIDA scan would be done to help in determining if this is due to dysfunction of the gallbladder. In most cases, the treatment is the removal of the gallbladder itself. The other possibility is that of a problem with the pancreas, chronic inflammation of the pancreas would lead to this sort of problem as well. This would be diagnosed with the help of a CT scan of the abdomen and if necessary stool tests. The treatment is with supplemental enzymes.

Now if the stomach itself is the issue then it is likely to be due to inflammation of the lining of the stomach which is known as gastritis. This can cause the pain as well as radiation of the pain to the shoulder blade. This would be diagnosed on a clinical examination however in most cases you can treat this at home with the help of a simple medication like OTC omeprazole at a dose of 10 mg twice daily to start with and if that does not help then start with 20 mg twice daily. In some cases you may have an infection in the stomach which would be treated with antibiotics, it can be tested for with stool for H.pyroli antigen tests.

Also avoid caffeine, alcohol and fatty fried foods which can make the pain worse.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!

Ok thank you

You're welcome, do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!