Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My partner is having a problem with her colon. she had

Customer Question
My partner is having...

My partner is having a problem with her colon. she had surgery about 18 months ago to remove a section of the colon. and her stomach has never returned to it's normal size. It appears to me to be getting bigger but she claims to be having regular bowel movements. I meed to talk to a physician who deals with causes not just symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

This has been a problem for more than 18 months. I would have expected to have major swelling after major surgery. No vomiting or nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No problems other than the swelling which has not improved 18 months after the surgery for the blocked colon.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Thanks for the effort. I realize fixing a blocked won't be done by phone or asking on the computer I will be trying to get my partner into the Imaging center for an xray. Her former doctor???, A total fool. caused us to waste time waiting for a guy to come to Kingman to do an ultra sound. I wasn't familiar with ultra sound so when I finally found out where they had taken her.. the ultra sound master was nearly finished. So I asked what this test would tell us about a blocked colon. His reply. We don't do the colon.The doctor ??? went into hiding until we left the building. I'm an 87 year old senior she didn't want to deal with me. I'm not the ordinary sick and old senior this doctor??? prays on. I don't put up with a lot of BS. Thank You.

It could be a side effect of medicine

what does she take?