Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had a sore throat for about 6 weeks it eventually went but…

Customer Question
second opinion] Had a sore...
second opinion] Had a sore throat for about 6 weeks it eventually went but now I’ve got a sore throat and a cough I’m convinced it’s serious please help
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how can I help?

I’m worried that’s it’s something more serious and y has is come back

how old are you?

do you smoke?

I’m 43 and yes I do
Hello anyone there
Do you have allergies?
No
As you know smoking increases risk of infection. So likely another viral infection. Throat and lung cancer usually presents with bloody cough. It's reasonable to get a chest x-ray though. Is this helpful?
I can’t rate you as it’s not showing for me to do

Did I do 5 star work for you?

any more questions?

Family Physician, Doctor